Cinque Terre is one of those places that left me in awe from the pictures alone. I couldn't wait to see these views in person.
My husband and I started our day long adventure from Levanto which is just on the outskirts of Cinque Terre. It has the same vibe as the other towns minus all the touristy areas. It began raining in the morning so we skipped the hiking trails and made our way south stopping through each town by train.
I'd go back in a heartbeat but without the expectations of good food. I prefer more of a Napoli cuisine. ;)
Scroll through to see my favorite cities and which ones are definitely a must!
|From the Panoramic View Trail at Riomaggiore|
|Hanging out in Manarola|
|Laundry day in Vernazza ;)|
(1) Monterosso - if you're there on a warm day and want to soak in some beach time!
(2) Vernazza - if you want some serious architectural delights, alley ways with some of the most beautiful light, and a castle with even more views. Come back for dusk and then quickly go to Manarola for stunning signs right after sunset.
(3) Corniglia - if you want to have a work out before you get into town! There's about 300 stairs to climb on your way up.
(4) Manarola - if you want any town to leave you breathless. By far one of my favorites. Hang around the water, get some gelato, marvel at the views and come back during blue hour! (see last photo)
(5) Riomaggiore - if you want some alone time. The towns are flooded with tourists and this town is more of the quiet one. Sneak off and find the "panoramic" views for some peace. We took a nap here ourselves.
|Blue hour in Manarola|